At Tippett Eye Care we carry one of the largest selection of sunglasses in Augusta & Grovetown, GA.
Don’t sacrifice fashionable style or high-level sports performance with our high-end prescription sunglasses!
Tippett Eye Care offers one of the largest selections of eyeglass frames and lenses in Augusta / Grovetown, GA. Come by our Optical Store and choose your favorite pair of frames from our wide variety. Our very own optician, can also assist you in selecting the best frame for you from our inventory.
Many people are cheered by a bright, sunny day, but the effect of all that sunlight on the eyes is a less sunny proposition. UV and glare can create a variety of issues, from dangerous “snowblindness” to irreversible disorders that threaten your eyesight. If you want to know more about choosing the right sunglasses, visit our 2 convenient locations or call us at 706.738.1102 today.
We take great care in making our selection of individual frames in order to offer you the latest lines of designer, top quality eyeglasses. We carry an extraordinary collection of designer frames including, Fit Overs, Ray Ban, Maui Jim, Costa, and many others.
After selecting your frames, we will match them with the latest technology in lens development to complete the perfect “look” for you. We carry many different lens designs and treatments to maximize your visual needs because we believe that you should not settle for less when it comes to your eye sight. Whether it is Transitions lenses that adapt to the perfect shade so you see with just the right amount of light, or advanced non-glare lenses, we carry everything you need to let you see the very best.
- Sunglasses should provide protection from ultraviolet rays in sunlight. Ultraviolet (UV) light damages the cornea and the retina. Good sunglasses can eliminate most harmful UV rays.
- Sunglasses must provide protection from intense light. When the eye receives too much light, it naturally constricts the iris and makes the pupil opening smaller to restrict the amount of light that enters your eye. Once it has constricted the iris as far as it can, the next step is squinting. If there is still too much light, as there can be when sunlight is reflecting off of snow, the result is damage to the retina. Good sunglasses can block light entering the eyes by as much as 97 percent to avoid damage.
- Sunglasses provide protection from glare. Certain surfaces, such as water, can reflect a great deal of light, and the bright spots can be distracting or can hide objects. Good sunglasses can completely eliminate this kind of glare using polarization.
Costa Sunglasses now on Sale!
Select Models. Visit our Office soon!
Quality Eyeglasses Take a Little Extra Time and Expertise.
If some other optical providers offer One Hour Service, why should you wait? The most common problem we encounter is a patient unhappy with their glasses made at a discounted eyeglass facility. A high quality pair of eyeglasses can’t be delivered in a “fast food” style.
- Tippett Eye Care uses years of experience to determine the best prescriptions for you and your lifestyle.
- Lenses and frames are then custom-measured and fit by our trained technician, who is thinking of your needs and the way you will be using your new eyewear.
- Our products are latest-generation – no “older models” or discontinued versions.
- Eyeglasses are carefully manufactured in a US facility where they don’t ship unless they are just right.
Checks and balances are in place because we hold our vendors to the highest standards. Unlike many big retailers, we don’t own the manufacturing or the lens labs so we are able to hold them accountable to your satisfaction.
You apply sunscreen before heading out for a day outdoors, but do you think about your eyes?
You slather your skin with sunscreen before heading out for a day outdoors. But do you think about your eyes? Though most of us understand the importance of protecting our skin from the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays, most Americans still don’t know that exposing their eyes to the sun’s UVA and UVB rays can be just as damaging.
When you buy a pair of cheap sunglasses, you often give up all of these benefits and can even make things worse. For example, if your sunglasses offer no UV protection, you increase your exposure to UV rays. Cheap sunglasses block some of the light, causing your iris to open and make the pupil opening larger to allow more light in. This lets in more UV rays as well, increasing the damage UV rays can cause to the retina.
The effects of UV damage are cumulative. In fact, every year 3.2 million people go blind from eye conditions caused by prolonged exposure to UV.
However, considering that 80 percent of a person’s lifetime exposure to UV occurs by age 18, wearing high quality sunwear that blocks 100 percent of both UVA and UVB rays is just as important for kids as adults. So what can you do? Ask us which solution is best for you and your child.
Don’t forget your lenses too.
Designer sunglasses may help you look good, but the lenses are what allow you to see well. There are many options to make your lenses lighter weight, non-glare, bifocals without any lines, computer-use designs, transitions that offer sun protection when activated, and different material options that have crisper, clearer optics to give you not only the most optimal vision, but also the most cosmetically-pleasing eyewear available anywhere!
All the choices we offer can feel a bit overwhelming – we understand. That’s why our opticians are specifically trained to help you make the best decisions for your unique style, occupation and hobbies.
Our Eye Care Services Include:
- Comprehensive Eye Exams
- Contact Lens Exams
- Medical Eye Exams
- Diagnostic Testing and Treatment for Eye Disease
- Emergency Treatment
- Frame and Lens Selection
- Frame Repair and Adjustments